11.07.2007

Technorati [Thing #14]

As of August 2007, Technorati indexes over 94 million weblogs. I have never heard of Technorati until I began 23Things. From what I can gather, it looks like it is just a giant search engine. At first I thought that it only searched through blogs, but it looks like it goes through videos and photos as well. You can not only search through tags, but also through URL's, directories, and keywords. Anyone that knows me is aware of my complete love for Firefly, so it will not come as a surprise that I used it as test-search. After searching for a keyword as vague as Firefly, I got results ranging from blogs about a company named Firefly to news about the upcoming Joss Whedon show Dollhouse (YAY!). Of course, with the number of blogs/photos/videos etc. that are being searched and a keyword as unspecific as "Firefly", results as diverse as these don't really come as a huge surprise. I don't really know if I will use Technorati on a regular basis, not for myself anyway. I did see that Karen was able to help some one very thoroughly using this application though, which is awesome.

0 comments:

 

Ashley's 23 Things © 2008 . Distributed by Blogger Templates. Design By: SkinCorner