11.17.2007

Google Docs etc. [Thing #18]

Okay. I remember when Gmail first came out, I absolutely could not wait to get an account. It was a little hard to come by though, because you had to be invited by someone who already had one. At any rate, after endless reminders, I finally got my dad to invite me. I have been using Gmail ever since then and LOVE it. It is pretty much impossible to run out of space, and everything is so easy to use. I love the layout, the tagging features, everything. I have to say, I have been nothing but pleased with anything Google has come up with. From Google Maps to iGoogle, the possibilities seem endless.

Enter: Google Docs.

I have heard of Google Docs, but have never used it. Except for...wait...I have? When I went to log into Google Docs, I was somewhat surprised to see an old English paper, along with other various school assignments already on file. Anyway, I always email myself copies of my school assignments (that way if I need to make a change, I will always have a copy available no matter where I am) so I was happy to learn that they automatically transfer over. This is where we can come into a problem though. Take the library, for instance. With a word processor like Open Office, you can't always be sure that your document will be compatible. These are the situations where Google Docs becomes extremely useful. With a web-based application like this, you do not need to worry about whether or not different softwares are compatible. And this is just another reason to add to my "Why I Love Everything About Google" list; it eliminates the VERY frustrating issue of having to worry about whether or not you will be able to open your document or not. Because everyone knows that this only happens at the most crucial moments.

0 comments:

 

Ashley's 23 Things © 2008 . Distributed by Blogger Templates. Design By: SkinCorner