11.20.2007

Downloadable Audiobooks [Thing #22]

It wasn't until just recently ('recently' as in maybe 2 or three weeks ago) that I became interested in audiobooks. I looked around the Netlibrary and OverDrive site. I was a little turned off by OverDrive, mainly because I don't like the way it is laid out. Netlibrary was a little easier for me to navigate. I think downloadable audiobooks are great for todays fast paced lifestyle. I started listening to them in the car, and I finished a book in just two days (something I can never seem to accomplish with a regular book). I feel like I never have time to read anymore, and I think that is why I started getting into audiobooks; it is much easier to multi-task while listening to a book than it is while sitting down and reading one.

My issue with these downloadable books is mainly with Apple. I don't know why Apple won't let you download these books onto the iPod, but it's very frustrating. You would think this might be something they would want to get in on. Maybe they're like GM, who had the opportunity to jump on the hybrid bandwagon, but didn't because it wasn't "economically sensible". I'm not sure what their reasoning behind this is, maybe it's a money issue. All I know is that it would be a great move on Apple's part to get in on this audiobook thing, so we'll see what happens.

0 comments:

 

Ashley's 23 Things © 2008 . Distributed by Blogger Templates. Design By: SkinCorner