11.01.2007

Tagging and Del.icio.us [Thing #13]

I love tagging. I think it's such a great feature, it makes everything so much more convenient. Tagging is a really nice way of keeping things organized. I mostly use it with livejournal, but it's also great keeping your photos organized. The concept is very simple; for instance, say you have a photo album, but don't feel like looking through the whole thing, you only want to see pictures of cats. By doing a tag search, you will get a result that only displays images containing that specific tag. The same goes for blog entries.

One thing that del.icio.us talks about on the home page is that tagging is better than using folders to stay organized, which I couldn't agree with more. The reasoning here is that unlike using folders, with tags you can create as many as you'd like. You can also tag something with more than one description. Example: I have three cats, and I have just uploaded a picture of Hattie. Not only can I tag this image under cats, but I can get even more specific, and give Hattie a tag of her own as well. This means that from now on, I will get this picture as a result of searching for cat or Hattie.

0 comments:

 

Ashley's 23 Things © 2008 . Distributed by Blogger Templates. Design By: SkinCorner